We facilitated a very successful workshop for Gorey Family Resource Centre on Saturday morning on Communications and Public Relations.
Gorey Family Resource Centre provides supports and services to people within the north Wexford, south Wicklow community. These include:
- Information, advice and support to families
- Practical assistance such as counselling, translations services, etc
- Education courses, training opportunities to build self-confidence and encourage back to education
- Involvement of men in the life of the community
- Women’s groups
- Meeting point for various support groups and services
- Opportunity to meet other people in the community over a cup of tea
Our brief was to facilitate a workshop of volunteers, staff, and board members to outline ways to communicate all the good things that Gorey FRC does, making sure that everybody inside and outside of the FRC is aware of what it does.
As well as communications, we also discussed Public Relations and ways of raising the Centre’s profile and that of upcoming events.